AUDIENCE: Year 5 – 9
SCOPE & SEQUENCE: 3 x 90 minute sessions to targeted cohort(s) – delivered sequentially – as part of a progressive stage based program.
TIME: 45 – 90 minutes per module – flexible depending on school pastoral schedule
KEY FOCUS: Anti-bullying, emotional intelligence, social skills, positive relationships, resilience, leadership, empowerment, inspiration
A global epidemic, research commissioned by the Federal government revealed that 1 in every 4 students in Australian schools is affected by bullying. Many young people today are struggling to cope, and for some, it’s become too much that life is not worth living. It doesn’t have to be this way.
Engaging, interactive, and impactful, this beat bullying series, wellbeing and leadership program contains the following modules:
In Module 1, AWARENESS & THE BULLY, students discover:
- The indicators of peer-to-peer conflict, healthy and unhealthy banter, and beat bullying series and the various forms of bullying behaviors.
- The impact and effects of bullying on all members of the school community.
- The monkeys on the backs of bullies that drive their behavior
- Practical strategies to enable bullies to stop bullying others, develop positive relationships, healthy wellbeing coping strategies and becoming their best self.
In Module 2, THE BULLIED, students discover:
- The monkeys on the backs of bullied students that foster a victim mindset
- Practical strategies for bullied students to shift from victim to victor mindset, develop emotional and social intelligence and resilience (offline and online), as well as help-seeking strategies, including how to break the fear barrier.
In Module 3, THE BYSTANDER, students discover.
- The monkeys on the backs of bystanders that result in inaction and non-intervention, and the various type of bystanders.
- Practical strategies to effectively step in and discourage bullying behaviours, overcome the fear of being labelled as a “snitch” to report bullying, and promote a bully-free, inclusive, and thriving school culture
The ideal duration for each module is 90 minutes. Each session builds on from the previous session. Sessions are interactive and include activities for student completion throughout, as well as post session resources for teachers to use in subsequent pastoral care lessons for reinforcement, discussions, and embedment throughout the school culture.
The above 3 part progressive series of sessions can be rolled out to one cohort at a time, or 3 cohorts at a time as part of a transitional annual program. See example below:
For example, if the 3 part series is to be delivered to a Year 6 cohort. All 3 modules can be delivered within one term (once every 2 or 3 weeks), or bi-annually, or within the school year across multiple terms that is most convenient with the school calendar.
For example, if school would like to target middle school years 5, 6, and 7, then once visit per year would take place where Module 1 would be delivered to Year 5, Module 2 to Year 6 (who would have received Module 1 the previous year when in Year 5, and Module 3 to Year 7 (who would have received Modules 1 and 2 the previous two years).
NOTE: If your school would like to target social issues such as friendships, peer pressure, and building positive peer to peer relationships, this can be added to the super series of modules.