Robin Brown once said: “If you can speak, you can influence. If you can influence, you can change lives”. Student leaders, above all, have the greatest power and influence to promote mental wellness and create cultural change within a school environment, and the world around them…and this influence rests on their ability to communicate. This workshop will empower and equip students with the skills, mindsets, and methods to communicate with confidence, courage and conviction.
In this engaging, practical, and impactful workshop –delivered in an age appropriate and contextual matter – students discover:
• The STAGE TO SPEAK is not limited to formal settings (e.g., speech at assembly) but also includes informal settings like discouraging bullying behaviors, encouraging peers, connecting with others, and engaging in conversation about important topics (i.e. mental health).
• The CORE COMPETENCIES to capture attention, build connection, stir up emotion and inspire action.
• The STUMBLING BLOCKS that inhibit individuals from truly discovering, harnessing, and developing their abilities to become the remarkable speakers they can and are called to be.
• A POWERFUL AND PROVEN FRAMEWORK to overcome fear and build confidence to step on stage and speak with power and conviction.
• A STEP-BY-STEP METHOD to prepare a remarkable presentation – both relevant and engaging – that not only fosters greater confidence for delivery but will also leave audiences raving once delivered.
• PRACTICAL STRATEGIES to communicate effectively in informal settings.
• TIPS AND TACTICS to alleviate anxiety leading into and on the day so they can confidently step onto the main stage with an inspired spirit of gratitude and service towards those in the spotlight – their audience.